Information Sys Project Mgr 3
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Project Management (EPM) is an industry-leading provider of Project Management services for internal Northrop Grumman Corporation information technology, infrastructure, and software development projects.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Project Management Organization responsible for all phases of projects from initiation through completion. The selected candidate would join a team responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of projects or sub-projects of larger programs.
The ISPM Is responsible for leading project teams of matrixed I.T. functional resources, strategic suppliers and customers / stakeholders. He/she will be asked to apply PM skills to manage a variety of projects including I.T. facilities installation, network and/or computing infrastructure, system migrations, enterprise software deployments and software development.
As required by the project, maintain compliance with Internal Audit, Information Security, and Supplier Management using the Northrop Grumman Integrated Engineering Process Guide (IEPG).
The selected candidate will oversee and manage the performance aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management & planning, the project team, and line management. Manage and track status of projects, financial budgets, and EACs; manage schedules and prepare status reports; and ensure project business value delivery and stabilization goals are met. Assesses project risks and issues and develop mitigation plans and resolutions to meet executability, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives. Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and problem solving with project managers, functional managers, and customers.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant Project Management experience or 3 years with Master's degree
- Must possess strong leadership and management skills including but not limited to: strong people / interpersonal skills, sound judgment, flexibility, and work well in a challenging environment
- Must have the demonstrated ability to handle multiple project assignments simultaneously with matrixed project staff resources
- Must show commitment to results, leadership, teamwork, and process improvement
- Must be knowledgeable of financial and business management concepts required to attain project financial goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Earned Value processes
- Active Secret DoD Clearance
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- Experience using Agile PM practices for managing projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top