Information Engineer/ Data Integration XML Specialist
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Information Engineer/ Data Integration XML Specialist Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clarksburg, WV. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's FBI's National Data Exchange (N-DEx) program. N-DEx is an unclassified national information-sharing system that enables criminal justice agencies to search, link, analyze, and share local, state, tribal, and federal records. N-DEx is used bgy professionals throughout the criminal justice community, including analysts, detectives, patrol, pre-trial, parole and probation officers and others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
THERE IS A $5,000 EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS AND/OR A $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have active Top Secret security clearance
- Three or more years experience with Java, .NET, Web services, and XLST
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in collaborative sessions, while demonstrating strong verbal communication and presentation skills is desired.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of producing quality written documentation, to include, but not limited to procedures and instruction is desired.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the analysis and assessment of large data sets while managing and coordinating major parallel IT initiatives is desired.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the operations performed on a given set of data to extract the required information in an appropriate form such as diagrams, reports, or tables is desired.
- Ability to provide guidance and recommended changes to the N-DEx Program Office on both internal and external processes and system documentation.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills such as organization, working well under pressure supervised or independently. Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to recognize when and where problems and opportunities exist, as well as evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions to problems.
- Must be able to recognize patterns of customer needs, as well as problems and potential systemic solutions.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with the Logical Entity Exchange Specification (LEXS) Publication and Discovery (PD) and LEXS Search and Retrieve (SR), N-DEx IEPDs, GJXDM and NEIM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top