Information Assurance Engineer III
Northrop Grumman Corporation in Aurora, Colorado is seeking a dynamic self-starter to join a team of system engineers. The successful candidate will work on mission critical software and hardware applications as an Information Assurance Engineer. The Information Assurance Engineer will support all areas of information assurance to include:
- IA Management
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Audit Coordination Support
- Risk Management Framework Application
- IA Compliance Measurements and Metrics
- Assessment and Authorization Support
- Vulnerability Management
- IT Vulnerability Lifecycle Management
- Vulnerability Identification and Remediation
- Situational Awareness
- Information Assurance Engineer III with recent and relevant IC, DOD, or government experience in IT, IA, or Information Security, related fields, or IA disciplines.
- Must have demonstrated, recent, and relevant experience working with senior government managers of IA issues.
- IA Engineers could help architect, plan, configure, deploy, maintain, and upgrade COTS hardware and application to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in- depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- Requires a BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college with 6 years' relevant experience.
- Information Assurance Technical III with recent and relevant IC, DoD, or government experience in IT, IA, or Information Security, related fields, or IA disciplines.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI
Domain knowledge to include:
- Information Technology Virtualization;
- Cloud IA Technologies;
- Public Key Infrastructure;
- Network and Host-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems;
- Cyber mission Computer Network Defense of space assets;
- Cyber Defense Techniques; and,
- Operational Readiness, Verification, and Validation Reviews.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top