Information Assurance/ Cyber Security Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking an Information Assurance/Cyber Security Professionals to join the team in Newport News, VA immediately! The Systems Security Engineering team is responsible for Security Engineering and Assessment & Authorization of Multi-Security Level Embedded Systems.
The Ideal Candidate will have exposure utilizing multiple Assessment & Authorization Processes to include:
- DoDI 8500.1
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53, ICD 503 and DoDI 8510.01 is a Plus!
The Qualified Candidate Designs and Implements Information Assurance and Security Engineering Systems ensuring the following requirements are achieved:
- Regulatory Compliance, Internal Counter-Espionage (insider threat detection and mitigation),
- Physical security analysis (including facilities analysis, and security management).
- Assessing and Mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Validating System Security Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Establishing System Security Designs
- Drafting Security Authorization Documentation and Security certification procedures, as well as presenting information to management and internal/external customers.
- Verifying Security requirements and Performing System Assessment & Authorization planning, testing and liaison activities
The ideal Candidate will be self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and present the program/company in a positive way to the customer and during other government interaction. Candidate must have ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- BS Degree in a Technical Field and 9 years related work experience OR MS Degree in a Technical Field and 7 years related work experience
- Strong systems engineering knowledge
- Experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Demonstrably good writing skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports
- Active Secret clearance is required - US Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Ability to travel occasionally CONUS and OCONUS (10% or less)
- CISSP or Security Certification
- Advanced degrees in engineering, science, software, or business
- Specific Information Assurance experience
- Active Secret/SAP/SAR, Top Secret, and/or SCI/SSBI clearances
- Familiar with multiple operating systems to include Solaris, Linux, and Windows.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top