Information Assurance / Cyber Security Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
Northrop Grumman is seeking several Information Assurance/Cyber Security Professionals to join a multi-discipline engineering team that encompasses hardware and software security concerns. Northrop Grumman's System Security Engineering department is on the forefront of developing next generation solutions to support our nation's warfighter.
The Systems Security Engineering team is responsible for Security Engineering comprised of Mission Requirements development and analysis, and Architecture Design of Enterprise level systems to Embedded subsystems. Support through development, integrations, Verification Testing, Assessment & Authorization, and sustainment.
The Ideal Candidate will have exposure utilizing multiple Assessment & Authorization Processes to include; DITSCAP, DIACAP, DCID, ICD, and RMF. Including familiarity with NIST 800 family including 800-53, ICD 503 and DoDI 8510.01 is a Plus!
The Qualified Candidate Designs and Implements Information Assurance and Security Engineering Systems ensuring the following requirements are achieved:
- Develops and supports new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems, networks, and embedded subsystems
- Experience with all steps of the Systems Engineering "V"
- Solid experience in cybersecurity requirements evaluation and validation
- SME level knowledge of cybersecurity systems engineering principles
- Ensures system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements analysis and definition, security risk assessment, systems design, systems hardening, vulnerability assessment, mitigation, and testing
- Provide analytical support for security policy development and analysis
- Experience with network protocols (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP]) and directory services (e.g., Domain Name System [DNS])
- Support Implementation, Assessment, and Authorization of the security systems
- Author and review of Security Authorization Documentation and Security certification procedures, as well as presenting information to management and internal/external customers, to include design reviews and other acquisition milestones
- Strong Cybersecurity background to include knowledge of the following: Identity and Access Management methodologies, encryption algorithms, cryptology, database and enterprise information security architecture
The ideal Candidate will be self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and present the program/company in a positive way to the customer and during other government interaction. Candidate must have ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- BS Degree in a Technical Field and 9 years related work experience OR MS Degree in a Technical Field and 7 years related work experience
- Strong systems engineering knowledge
- Experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Demonstrably good writing skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports
- Active Secret clearance is required - US Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Ability to travel occasionally CONUS and OCONUS (10% or less)
- CISSP or Security Certification
- Advanced degrees in engineering, science, software, or business
- Specific Information Assurance experience
- Active Secret/SAP/SAR, Top Secret, and/or SCI/SSBI clearances
- Familiar with multiple operating systems to include Solaris, Linux, and Windows
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top