INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Plans sequence of operations and methods used to maintain structures, special equipment items and related facility installations.
Fabricates, assembles, installs, moves and maintains structures, metal buildings, and special equipment items such as but not limited to exhaust blowers, fume hoods, cranes,hoists, pumps, compressors, processing tanks, vacuum systems, etc. Installs, repairs,and maintains plant plumbing, compressed air, steam systems and related plant utility lines. Makes repairs and adjustments, on internal combustion engine including company
vehicles. Work includes sheet metal fabrication and welding in performance of assigned duties. Works in conjunction with other trades as required.
Performs rough and finish carpentry work such as building, repairing and installing cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, crates, building framework and trim. Repairs and installs new door locks and lock cylinders and other related facility hardware. Installs building materials such as insulation, floor tile, sheet rock, acoustical tile, etc. May perform cement finishing, plaster work, most types of masonry including block and brick and minor roof repairs. Paints interior/exterior walls, fixtures, doors, etc., to industry standards as required.
Performs related and incidental work assignments as required. Must be physically capable of working in high places from ladders, etc. Must be able to follow exacting written and verbal instructions. Performs preventive maintenance to department
standards as required.
Provides documentation and proper recording of Maintenance Department records including preventive maintenance and observes company, OSHA and Safety regulations.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 years college or trade school with a minimum of twenty (20) units of mechanically oriented classes of equivalent experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required)
- Requires four (4) years of industrial and mechanical maintenance experience/construction and/or maintenance carpentry.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, drawings and blue prints.
- Requires fundamental knowledge of industrial electricity.
- Must be computer literate to the extent required to perform job functions and proper recording and documentation of maintenance records.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions and environmental/physical considerations per Employee Requisition.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with SAP ERP system
- Welding Experience
- Industrial Experience
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top