Industrial Engineering Manager 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman currently recruiting an Industrial Engineering Manager 1 to work in our aerospace composite structures at our Clearfield, UT location.
The successful candidate will utilize and apply their leadership skills to coach and direct other engineers and technicians to accomplish project deliverables and strategic objectives, involving development of manufacturing processes through the design, modification and testing of manufacturing methods, tooling and equipment. The role is responsible for setting and maintaining team priorities and employee development, while working closely with manufacturing personnel to solve production issues on automated and manual processes, using data based problem solving techniques. They may also serve as the technical specialist in their area of functional responsibility.
- Lead a group of approx. 10 engineers todevelop, define and improve manufacturing processes in the machining and finishing of aircraft composite structures
- Initiate continuous improvement activities to create high quality and efficient processes
- Provide technical direction and feedback on engineering technologies and project plans
- Establish and manage metrics for effective group management
- Foster environment of cooperation and teamwork with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines and departments (operations, program office, quality engineering, tooling engineering, etc.)
- Manage execution of engineering, operations and program requirements to cost and schedule objectives
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Advocate high standards for quality and safety
- Maintains and drives technical excellence
- BS/MSdegree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant aerospace and composites manufacturing experience
- Experienced in composite lay-up and cure processes, testing, machining methods, precision bonding and assembly processes
- Core knowledge & ability:
- P&L, Balance Sheet, and how to drive these
- Establishment of Engineering standards, BOM, Routings
- Fundamentals of Lean Standard Work, visual control, CT=TT, Pull
- Problem Solving 5 Why, Fishbone, Pareto, histogram,
- Fundamentals of machine design & controls
- Communication Skills up, down, across the organization
- Leadership willingness to set direction; step up; get hands dirty
- Demonstrated technical project management expertise
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top