IGS Field Engineer / Technician 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Ionospheric Ground Systems (IGS) field engineer/technician to be responsible for supporting the IGS Technical Lead for the daily sustainment of the IGS systems, to include the NEXION and ISTO. The location will located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The candidate will support preventative maintenance, repair, and augment installation of the IGS equipment. This position will require the candidate to perform technical tasks and demonstrate problem resolution actions for the IGS systems. The candidate will also assist the IGS Integrated Logistics Specialist (ILS) with logistics support such as, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, kitting, Government Furnished Property/Equipment (GFP/GFE) inventory, and Item Unique Identification (IUID). The candidate will provide input to the operational analysis and quality evaluation of products and their related performance and update metrics. The candidate will perform troubleshooting and diagnoses of malfunctions and errors to eliminate problems in minimum time.
This position will involve 25% travel to remote sites including foreign travel, so the ability to obtain a U.S. passport is required.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at a level 2 or a level 3
- For a level 2, 2 years with a Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering, or technical discipline or 6 years in lieu of a degree.
- For a level 3, 5 years with a Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering, or technical discipline or 9 years in lieu of a degree.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of technical experience relating to hardware/software site system installation and maintenance projects.
- Ability to support the maintenance, inspection, adjustments, and configuration of IGS systems.
- Able to complete training that meets or exceeds the climbing training requirements as defined in OSHA CFR 1910.268 and ANSI Z359 & Z490 (Certified or Authorized Climber status).
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Work to ensure that all site work progresses as scheduled and contract specifications and associated deliverables are met.
- Maintain/repair all systems and associated IT networks, systems, and support equipment.
- Perform system repairs in the field.
- Develop and provide technical expertise and maintain all associated systems at the designated sites.
- Draft and submit detailed Maintenance Service Reports (MSR) to include recommendations for improvements and action items derived from maintenance trips.
- Familiarity with Import/Export Compliance requirements
- Knowledge of basic system logistics and supply chain
- Site selection/survey and system installation activities
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top