Human Resources Intern
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Human Resources Intern. This position will be located at our Technology Services Sector in Herndon, Virginia.
Our Technology Services team is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion Team. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers. This internship will be throughout the summer with some hours through the fall/winter timeframe.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As an intern you will gain valuable, real-world experience, as well as provide the Human Resources team with additional administrative support.
- Learn the full life cycle of Recruiting
- Help plan and organize Diversity Conference Preparation
- Assist with generating offer letters and guide candidates through the pre-employment process.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with special projects related to College, Military and Diversity recruitment programs
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- An ambitious and competitive nature
- Resourceful problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfort with presenting in front of teams
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Creative and self starting
- An interest in Human Resources or Recruiting
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Completed coursework in the HR field
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or human resources full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Publisher or Project; Adobe Acrobat.
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top