HR Business Partner 4
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
We are seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to partner with an operating unit within the Civil Solutions business unit.
This is a lead role, shaping and influencing business strategy as it applies to human capital, retention, development, and change management. Key areas of demonstrated focus include organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and retention, employee development & talent management, recognition & rewards, and workforce-engagement-related initiatives.
The successful candidate will become an integral partner with the business and bring subject matter expertise and coaching to all levels of management.
In addition, the successful candidate will be a key member of the line based HR organization team and collaborate on projects, initiatives and strategy. The ability to be a self-starter and adapt to a new environment quickly, make well informed and independent decisions is critical in this role. Come join our team and demonstrate your talents in leading this exciting business area of growth!
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Approach requirements:
- Ability to effectively and proactively collaborate in a diversified team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and influence key business decisions
- Ability to build cohesive trusting relationships and partnerships
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in providing guidance, conflict resolution and change management
- Ability to identify and provide direction to determine priorities to achieve timeline targets and goals
- Ability to manage multiple and quickly changing priorities with a large client group
- Ability to pull, prepare and analyze data and figures leading to leading indicators for change and best practice solutions
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result and manage in a face paced environment
- Demonstrated ability as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, I/O psychology, Business Administration or related discipline with 10 years of HR experience or MBA/MS degree with 8 years of HR experience
- Previous experience supporting a large client base (preferably 500 - 1200 ) employees and developing relationships virtually supporting locations across the country
- Experience in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compliance, policy administration, and employee training/development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship required
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
- Involvement with proposal, crafting market intelligence and capture work
- Experience in a government contracting organization
- Experience working with a union environment
- Experience serving as a project lead
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top