HPC Engineer Systems
- Redondo Beach, CA
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability staff to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in the need of talent is in HPC Systems Engineering.
As an HPC System Engineer you will perform tasks that include:
• Monitor and report HPC system health/metrics. Identify performance bottlenecks. Modify system wide parameters to improve performance. Evaluate effects of those changes. Gather data and report finding to senior HPC engineers.
• Identify and repair system hardware fault.
• Assist senior HPC System engineers on technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Assist senior HPC System Engineers on managing HPC system life-cycle: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Assist software developers to install, fine-tune, and debug software.
• Manage/Assist technical users running jobs on HPC systems.
• Perform system administrator duties
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 2+ years of engineering experience or Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
- Software development experience with C/C++/Fortran or Python
- Extensive Linux OS knowledge
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain a Dept of Defense Secret level clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years OR a Dept of Energy L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 (Security+) certification
- Must have the ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Strong software development skills with real time debugging experience using modern SDK's.
- Master of Science degree in Computer engineering, computer science, or system engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Prior experience working with large scale up and scale out computer systems
- Prior Linux System kernel experience
- Currently hold active Top Secret clearance
- Currently hold active DoD 8570 (Security+) Certification
- Hands-on experience with swapping/modifying HPC hardware
Back to top