Help Desk Technician
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's INRISS program. INRISS (Bureau of Intelligence & Research) Support Systems provides assistance in managing, operating & supporting the IT infrastructure, network security and integration of services, software services, systems engineering and performance measurements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service support for office automation applications, PCs and printers.
- Answer the INR helpdesk phones, provide field support, log calls into helpdesk software, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, manage helpdesk tickets, escalate helpdesk tickets when necessary, keep users informed of their progress and run weekly helpdesk statistical reports.
- Use HelpStar ticketing system for tracking all work performed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must maintain an excellent telephone manner.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to handle; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Associates Degree and 3 years of related experience (3 years providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR 3 years installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment). An additional 2 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience utilizing call logging software.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with an emphasis on Windows 7, experience using and troubleshooting MS Office suite 2010, Outlook 2007/2010, Internet Explorer, Adobe and NT Toolkit.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues, set-up and customize applications and perform network troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of providing support to a custom developed messaging system based on RetrievalWare and be capable of understanding complex Boolean queries and assisting users in the development of queries.
- Must have a current TS with eligibility for SCI.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- A , Network , Security , Microsoft certs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top