Help Desk Technical Support
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Jr. Help Desk Technical Support to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge as a member of the Help Desk Technical Support team. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's USPS Enterprise Technology Support (ETS) Program -a Multiyear, $750M program, responsible for providing on-site IT support to the United States Postal Service.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide assistance via phone or email for issues with mobile scanning units.
- Using available resources, determine the root cause or issues which could potentially be the following: (a) the Mobile scanning units, (b). the cellular network, or (c) USPS infrastructure problem.
- Create work requests/tickets as needed and direct the request to the proper owner of the ticket for resolution
- Maintain historical performance records for the Period of Performance.
- Follow policies and procedures for troubleshooting and or escalation of events.
NOTE: This will be a first and/or second shift position, but hours may rotate
- Associate Degree and a minimum of 1 years of related experience or high school grad/GED and 2 yrs exp; or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience working in IT support role [Helpdesk,Tier 1].
- Ability to follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Hands on experience with Windows operating systems and MS Office.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Desk model.
- Experience working in large-scale IT environment.
- Experience with providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 phone support.
- Local to the Raleigh, NC area. This position does not have relocation assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top