Help Desk Technical Support 1
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Help Desk Technical Support 1 analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure on the VITA Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Resolves issues surrounding computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems while demonstrating expertise in customer service and technical knowledge
- Must be flexible and able to work within a 24x7x365 (8am - 5pm; 9:15am - 6:15pm; Monday - Friday) support environment
- Receives inbound customer contacts via various channels (phone, email, and web)
- Records, maintains and updates records in the Incident Management system, and follows knowledge database for troubleshooting and procedural guidelines
- Routes tickets for issues which cannot be resolved at the service desk (First Call Resolution) to the appropriate resolving group
- Documents and submits problem resolutions to the knowledge database in order to assist other Help Desk personnel with problem resolutions
- Provide documentation support to SME (Subject Matter Expert), Technical Writer, or Content Manager as appropriate to business need and skill level.
- Write, review, and publish knowledge database articles as required
- Support VITA Program initiatives and departmental guidelines as directed
- Provide support in process improvement initiatives
Candidates must be flexible to alter schedule as needed based on business needs. This position will have a schedule of Saturday through Wednesday 7:00AM - 3:30PM.
- Associate's degree; 2 years of relevant experience in a technical field or customer service environment may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must be flexible and able to work within a 24x7x365 support environment
- Ability to obtain (and maintain) once hired a Department of Corrections (DOC) clearance
- US Citizenship is Required
- Associates degree
- Ability to demonstrate advanced customer service and troubleshooting skills in an IT environment
- Relevant industry certification(s)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top