HBSS Cyber Systems Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 3, Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Host Based Security System (HBSS) Program. This position will provide product implementation, documentation services, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) assistance services, integration support, and troubleshooting services for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to aid in the installation, operation, customization, optimization, and sustainment of the Host Based Security System.
This position will be located at Lackland AFB.
The successful candidate must be a McAfee Enterprise Policy Orchestrator (ePO) expert able to provide implementation and technical support services including: software support, configuration, maintenance planning/documentation, training, and troubleshooting.
The successful candidate must, at a minimum, be able to perform the following:
- Responsible for installing, managing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting the Host Based Security System (HBSS) and associated modules
- Conduct analysis of malicious events and known exploits/vulnerabilities for the creation of custom signature rule sets for the accompanying modules, as necessary
- Provide detailed reports on system status, module deployments, and event trends. Create custom reports as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting of local and remote installations of HBSS components and deployment of HBSS modules and policies.
- Provide guidance on current network threats and trends not only occurring within the Department of Defense (DOD), but also the commercial sector
- Track and report on enterprise deployment of HBSS tool.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure the latest released version of the HBSS suite of software, subject to DISA approval, on hardware located at various military installations throughout the world
- Perform Field Service Evaluation (FSE) tests of the HBSS suite of software
- Develop and implement real-time, web-enabled views, & reports
- Provide engineering analysis studies to support the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for maintaining and operating the HBSS suite of software
- Provide detailed installation instructions, drawings, and list of materials required to accomplish the installation of HBSS suite of software. This documentation will be used as part of the C&A support services and for TO and TCTO generation of the system implemented.
- Provide technical support to update C&A documents on the HBSS suite of software
- Prepare the HBSS suite of software for Test and Evaluation
- Perform software upgrades as needed to include implementing security patches, bug fixes or other critical updates as they become available within the configuration management of the Program Management Office
- Assist in providing daily administration transition assistance into operations for the HBSS suite of software
- Provide technical support in the resolution of HBSS technical issues
- Provide technical support with maintenance planning and execution under the current software version of the HBSS suite of software
- Work with third party vendors on product integration as needed
- Participate in customer technical meetings as required
- Provide engineering support for customer’s test preparation and on-site support test events as required.
- Provide source data for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and provide engineering support to the customer’s Configuration and Change Management process
- Provide knowledge transfer specific to the needs of the various Army personnel organizations, i.e. engineering, operations, database administration, helpdesk, support center, lab, etc. to establish best practices
- Successful applicants must be able to work in both a contractor and government environment with little to no supervision and have the capability to take a leading or supporting role when working in a group environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline with five years of experience. Four (4) additional years of experience as a subject matter expert can be substituted for the degree
- Must have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level 2 or higher certification
- Must have and maintain a minimum of a TOP SECRET clearance
- Expert knowledge of McAfee products such as: Enterprise Policy Orchestrator, Anti-Virus, Endpoint Encryption, Agent Handler, and Host Intrusion Prevention System
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft, Linux, and Apple Operating Systems
- Must be familiar with VMware ESX and demonstrate capability to accomplish tasks using virtual infrastructure
- Strong systems administration troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of network engineering including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems, HP c3000/c7000 chassis, BL460c Blades, Dell 2950 and R710 servers, HP MSL4048, HP MSL8096, CISCO SAN switch, NetApp FAS3070 & FAS6070
- Working knowledge and experience with NFS, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, TcpWrappers, Shell scripting, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, Jumpstart, SecurID is preferred.
- Experience with databases including SQL, Oracle, or MySQL 5 – knowledge of web technologies is desirable
- Familiarity with network protocols and topology and strong network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with remotely troubleshooting Operating System and software issues
- Experience in analysis of IDS packet data or monitoring network based IDS/IPS devices
- Experience working with the Department of Defense and familiarity with DoD processes and procedures a plus
- Working knowledge of the Tool Command Language (Tcl)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top