Hardware Systems Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
The SIGINT Technology Center (STC) is where technology and teamwork come together to meet the unique needs of the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. The qualified applicant will join an engineering team which supports
STC programs ranging from state-of-the-art microwave systems to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads and data links. STC work includes system design, engineering development, system integration, hands-on build and test, field
operations and maintenance, training, and production.
The position includes research, development, design, and test of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Part of the team responsible for calibration, direction finding (DF), and geo-location technology and performance.
- Supports flight demonstration of Airborne SIGINT systems and post-flight data analyses
- Supports development and/or enhancement of various DF algorithms
- Reports to the larger team of Systems Engineers responsible for the end-to-end system.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years of experience or Master's Degree with 5 years of experience in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Physics
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas: direction finding/interferometry, geolocation, RF propagation,
RF analysis, telecommunications, electromagnetic theory, phased arrays, antennas, signal processing, and statistical
- 2-5 years systems engineering experience
- 2 years Matlab programming experience
- Must be able to obtain a SCI Clearance
- Knowledge in many or all of the following areas: direction finding, geolocation, RF propagation, RF analysis,telecommunications, electromagnetic theory, phased arrays, antennas, signal processing, and statistical analysis
- Active security clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
- Experience in design and development of complex systems of systems
- Experience with flight demonstration of Airborne SIGINT systems and pot-flight data analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top