Hardware Systems Engineer 3
The SIGINT Technology Center (STC) is where Technology and Teamwork come together to meet the unique needs of the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. The qualified applicant will join a technical team which supports STC programs ranging from to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads and data link development to OCONUS/CONUS mission/maintenance support. STC work includes system design, engineering development, system integration, hands-on build and test, field operations and maintenance, training, and production.
The SE in this position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the design and integration of complex electronic systems into air and ground platforms. Responsibilities include system design, component assembly & testing, system trouble-shooting, problem reporting and root cause analysis & resolution. The ideal candidate will also gather customer feedback and participate in design reviews and system documentation as necessary in support of new system designs. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and a multi-disciplined design team to ensure mission success.
The primary NGC work location is in Chantilly, VA. Occasional travel to other CONUS customer sites and test areas will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering with seven years of design and integration experience, or Master's degree with five years of design and integration experience.
- U.S. Citizenship. Must have active TS/SCI clearance.
- UAV/Aircraft Integration and Testing
- Network Architecture Design/Development
- Knowledge of communications theory (standard interfaces and protocols, networking, SATCOM, data links, cellular, etc…)
- Document systems design, systems analysis, system interface design, and systems integration
- Network/Computer System Administration
- Interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
- Evaluate viability of vendor and government-provided HW/SW as part of technology/product trade studies, as well as review of provided processes and procedures
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interdisciplinary problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Experience in the operations and maintenance of SIGINT/Geolocation systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top