Hardware Management Section Manager - 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Manufacturing and Production
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening for an Hardware Management Section Manager - 2 to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customers. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
The Planning, Logistics, and Infrastructure Department (PL&I) within Materials, Manufacturing, Integration, Test and Launch (M2IT&L) has a need for a Hardware Management Section Manager to be a functional homeroom manager, leading a team of individual contributors, and contribute directly to programs and other department activities.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Staffing support to all space systems and space programs.
- Conducting periodic performance evaluations, including mid-year and annual reviews
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the staff
- Managing indirect and capital needs
- Professional development and mentoring of direct reports
- Supporting Functional Homeroom initiatives and projects which include process improvement, Event Response Teams, Corrective, and Preventive Action implementation
PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Generating, issuing, and overseeing production schedules and coordinating with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production and IMS requirements.
- Scheduling equipment and personnel, confirming material supply and demands, preparing purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinating interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, and various stakeholders; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and leadership of the team, managing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of work packages.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers"
Back to top