Hardware Engineering Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate with leadership skills to manage a team of electrical, mechanical, and/or systems engineers within the Hardware Engineering organization. Emphasis is placed on leading a team of hardware engineers that support development and production programs, as well as, new business pursuits to ensure quality engineering solutions. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified applicant will functionally manage a team providing engineering solutions for multiple products ranging from state-of-the-art microwave systems to payloads and data links. Our engineering work includes full life-cycle programs including system design, development, system integration, hands-on build and test, field operations and maintenance, training, and production.
As a Hardware Engineering manager, day-to-day responsibilities include employee engagement, performance management, career development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues. Additional responsibilities include increasing engineering competencies through strategic hiring and employee skills development, labor forecasting and execution through close collaboration with program management, and balancing employee needs with business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience including responsibility as an integrated product team or technical lead.
- Able to work well within a team environment and adapt quickly to change
- Demonstrated technical and people leadership of diverse and inclusive teams
- Time management skills and a proven ability to follow through with commitments
- Strong written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Experience with program management, functional management, and/or customer management skills
- Experience with RF components, devices, packages, assemblies, and systems
- Experience with Transmitters and/or Receivers
- Experience with Power conversion and/or power systems
- Experience with Digital system design and control
- Experience with Real Time Digital Control
- Experience with Mechanical (Design, Structural, & Thermal)
- Experience with Test Design
- Experience with business development activities
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
g ender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions.
Back to top