Hardware Engineering Manager 1
The Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences (EM&S) Organization is seeking a Hardware Engineering functional manager for a team of 20 engineers, reporting to the San Diego Hardware Regional Manager for EM&S. She/he will provide guidance to direct report employees based on organizational goals and company policies. Specific responsibilities include coordinating with programs for staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance reviews to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary as well as working to refine the hardware development process and tools utilized for RNS programs.
The qualified candidate will also provide significant (approximately 80%) direct support to programs and/or other technical efforts, including capture and proposals. This will include but is not limited to Hardware Engineering efforts, as well as estimating, planning, risk management, managing cost and schedule (EVMS) and quality on programs to meet contract commitments.
- BS in appropriate engineering discipline, 5 or more years of experience, and significant direct experience in Hardware Engineering
- Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
- Candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
- The candidate must have a full understanding of his/her specific engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering process, be proficient in process development and implementation as well as functional organization aspects
- Ability to facilitate/mediate in conflict resolution matters
- Familiarity with other Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge of real-time embedded communication systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Hands on experience with DoD communications systems, including real-time embedded systems
- Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership (IPT lead).
- Knowledge of a range of RNS programs and personnel
- DOD Secret clearance or higher preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top