Hardware Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission and put your years of experience into a future of excellence!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Hardware Engineer based out of Boulder, CO
What You'll get to Do:
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in becoming a lead hardware engineer in the Boulder Hardware Engineering Excellence group. The qualified applicant will become part of the transforming Space Based Infrared Systems (SBIRS) Survivable Endurable Evolution (S2E2) hardware team. This position is for a multi-disciplined engineer who will provide technical solutions to difficult hardware problems, to include assisting in project coordination, on-site installations, and engineering records updates. The right applicant should be able to lead the technical work, design hardware architectures, manage cost accounts (CAM), and support proposals for hardware and system administration.
- Providing input to and reviewing system architecture, designing mobile and ground station environments to include: computing, storage, networking, audio video, and infrastructure components, leading and participating in peer reviews of engineering products and artifacts, coordinating the hardware specific design with other disciplines to ensure successful system integration.
- Applies technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer expectations.
- Apply business principles and practices to assist in the planning/coordination of the overall design and subsequent implementation of the design as well as monitoring the procurement, installation and configuration of the designed hardware system into operational elements and segments.
- Provide cost account management (CAM) for the hardware and other related areas of the program. This is to include reporting to a earned value management system (EVMS).
- Provide support to program management, design team, other hardware engineers.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or other STEM disciplinewith 9 years of Hardware Engineering Experience -OR- 7 years with a Master's degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience troubleshooting technical problems and issues developing solutions.
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a Passport
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related discipline.
- Experience in leadership, leading teams, and providing technical guidance to other engineers.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current TS/SCI Clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top