Hardware Engineer 3
Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components. Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
Providing input to and reviewing system architecture, designing ground station environments to include: computing, storage, networking, audio video, and infrastructure components, participating in peer reviews of engineering products
and artifacts, coordinating the hardware specific design with other disciplines to ensure successful system integration.
Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer expectations.
Apply business principles and practices to assist in the planning/coordination of the overall design and subsequent implementation of the design as well as monitoring the procurement, installation and configuration of the designed
hardware system into operational elements and segments.
75% travel in the first 6 months and reduced thereafter to 25%.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field with 5 years of related experience
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering tools, SysML, UPDM,basic drafting experience.
- Hardware background with knowledge of processors (SBC and commodity), GPUs, networking equipment, software controlled hardware, cross domain solutions, and console design.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% for the first 6 months of employment. Travel will reduce to 25% after first 6 months
- Must have an active/current Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in missile related program
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top