Hardware Engineer 3 (17-092)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Analyst for the EOS/EOL (End of Sale/End of Life) program for COTS hardware/software in support of the C2BMC Deployment Task Order. Conduct obsolescence/vanishing vendor research for system hardware and software by coordinating with OEM vendor contacts and data available to the public via the internet to obtain vendor announced EOS/EOL information. Lead development of engineering and program solutions to address and mitigate EOS/EOL issues by developing courses of action briefings to resolve the program impacts. Conduct sparing assessments through coordination with the C2BMC Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) team for hardware items no longer available from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Coordinate resolution with the impacted functional area(s). Present solutions to management/task order leadership and government customer.
The Hardware Engineer position will be located at the Lockheed Martin Facility on HWY 83 Colorado Springs.
- Active Secret clearance required
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with Ph.D.
- Experience acquisition logistics, product lifecycle, and/or product development/deployment
- Must be a self-starter and previously worked across multiple teams in a geographically diverse project
- Prior exposure to various levels of the development lifecycle (Engineering, Development, Test, Installation and Deployment)
- Knowledge of DoD contract integrated logistics systems and processes
- Experience researching impact and solutions for obsolescence/vanishing vendor
- Knowledge of engineering drawing release processes, configuration management, and supply chain
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of hardware/software technical refresh project implementation from initial planning through project deployment
- Understanding of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) product life cycle
- Working knowledge of acquisition logistics, contractor logistics support (CLS), and maintenance planning
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top