Hardware Engineer 2 (Alice Springs, AU)
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a highly qualified, motivated, and technically talented hardware engineer to join our team of diverse and extremely qualified professionals seeking the rewards of maintaining innovative and complex systems in Alice Springs, Australia.
Principle duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop procedures, maintain failure data, drawings, and equipment historical records to military standards
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot/repair computer hardware components
- Knowledge of satellite dish preventive and corrective maintenance (gears, transmissions, lubing and oil changes) with demonstrated ability with test equipment to include spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, RF power meters, signal generators, multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge in common transition and reception devices to include: High Power Amplifiers, satellite receivers, modulation and demodulation equipment
- Provide hardware maintenance to ensure reliable, redundant paths of data collection and communications to allow for continued processing of the operational mission
- Provide real-time 24/7 hardware maintenance support for operational and supplementary computer and communication equipment at operational sites
- Support for scheduled and unscheduled preventive/corrective actions and emergency maintenance on system devices and infrastructures
Successful candidate must also be able to satisfy the following:
- Provide insight to inter-site telecommunications, networks, Ground Communication Network Modernization (GCNM), and other supporting systems
- May also assist operational crews in recommendation and configuration of hardware to allow for improved or alternate modes of hardware utilization, RGS, and GCNM troubleshooting and repair in support of the operational mission
- Able to work closely with logistics personnel for equipment repairs,Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) maintenance, and maintenance data collection
- A working knowledge of different types of cabling such as Cat5,coax,fiber optic, EIA 530 and triax
- Basic level of knowledge in UNIX/LINIX, networking equipment (Cisco, Juniper) to include routers, routing protocols, switches and hubs; servers and workstations (Sun, IBM, SGI); active directory and/or LDAP
- Working knowledge in test equipment such as Fireberd Test Sets, Fluke cable tested, optical power meter, Cat5 cable
tester and Multimeters
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
A 2 year overseas tour commitment is required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM field (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math) with 2 years of related experience in RF and Servo knowledge OR Certified Technical training / Military Specialty training and 3 years of directly applicable experience in ground service, field service, SATCOM, hardware or RF engineering experience.
- Must possess and have the ability to retain a current SCI clearance with a SSBI and counter intelligence polygraph
- Candidate must pass a physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening
- Basic knowledge in keying crypto devices and administration
- Knowledgeable in Promina IOplex, Juniper and CTP would be beneficial.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top