Hardware Configuration Analyst 2 - Active SECRET Clearance Requires
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Configuration Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and maintain our world class capabilities in a dynamic aerospace environment. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Integration, Competitive Analysis & Materials team. The Configuration Analyst will coordinate the preparation of project documentation; such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to meet customer contract requirements. The selected candidate will also be working directly with multi-functional teams and Integrated Product Teams to identify and develop solutions to proposed changes that cross functional IPT areas of responsibility and be able to develop solutions to complex problems
- Review contracts to determine documentation required for each phase of hardware development projects
- Review design drawings and documents for release requirements, perform technical data verification of elements of the Build To Packages, release of design drawings, models, and documents, update status and product baselines in the CM tool
- Analyze proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system
- Coordinating modification records for management control
- Establish change orders and prepare for change authorization and documentation by Northrop Grumman and our suppliers
- Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinating changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities
- Coordinate and set change board agendas, assure timely processing of changes through the board process and timely integration into the product and accurate change board metrics to measure effectiveness of the change process.
NOTE: This position requires that one already hold an active DoD Secret clearance in order to be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and at least 2 years of hardware configuration / change management experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution and 1 years of hardware configuration / change management experience
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance is required
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing industries
- Extensive knowledge of hardware configuration, data, and change management principles and proficiency in the use of configuration management tools
- Active in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI Security Clearance
- STEM degree preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top