Hardware Architect 3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a highly-motivated Electronics Engineer 3 with a focus on hardware architecture, network engineering, and Information Technology Systems Engineering. The candidate should be a self-starter and will be responsible for assisting senior engineers with design and updates to detailed system architecture documentation, system requirements, and briefings on software/hardware systems for complex secure IT systems for assigned tasks relating to the overall system enterprise architecture.
The candidate will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working closely with other hardware and software engineers in a lab and production environment in a variety of locations.
Candidate should have good coordination, communications, planning, and interpersonal skills. Travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and releasing engineering documentation for a detailed system architecture and requirements
- Executing engineering projects on schedule.
- Collaborate with other engineers to architect a system to meet design requirements and the needs of all stakeholders.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor of Science degree (STEM) with 5 years of related experience
- US citizen with the ability to obtain an active Top Secret clearance and the ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program is required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experienced and demonstrable systems engineering
- Microsoft Visio and other Office products to clearly express engineering documentation
Experience with the following technologies also desired:
Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, Storage Fibre Channel networks, Layer 2 and 3 networking, VPN, IPSec, Storage technologies, UNIX, Linux, familiarity with software development technologies like Glassfish and Docker, Virtualization, Physical and Cyber Security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top