Guidance Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer - (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret Clearance
- Albuquerque, NM
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Sector is seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Principal or Sr. Principal Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) engineer. This position will complete Guidance, Navigation, and Control tasks related to the development and support of mission operations processes and procedures for customer space missions.
This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
The specific responsibilities include:
• Support algorithm development, mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft GNC related activities and procedures for space missions.
• Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations.
• Planning and verifying spacecraft maneuvers and executing real-time telemetry analysis.|
• Support on-orbit anomaly resolution.
• Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage, and generation of data analysis reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 2 years of experience (Master's Degree and 0 years of experience.)
- US Citizen
- Active or current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Must have experience developing software in one of the following languages: MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, and/or STOL programming languages.
- Master's degree in STEM.
- Active or current TS/SCI
- Experience in spacecraft GNC subsystem design, analysis, and testing.
- Experience implementing GNC algorithms on embedded systems.
- Control systems analysis, including time and frequency domain techniques, linear and nonlinear control design, covariance analysis, and the design and tuning of Kalman filters for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Missions involved with rendezvous and proximity operations.
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, Perl, and /or STOL programming languages.
Back to top