Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineering Manager 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you looking for a company with leaders that act with integrity and the highest ethical standards? Do you value a work environment where you can empower your team and build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team? If yes, we're growing our team, and looking for leaders like you. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a qualified Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineering Manager 2 to lead a team located in San Diego, CA with responsibilities that include:
- You will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- About 20% of your time will be spent performing leadership, management, and supervisory duties associated with your functional homeroom management responsibilities. These responsibilities include staffing, training, engagement, performance management, career development, IRAD planning, and process development.
- The balance of your time will be spent on engineering support of the programs and associated IPTs.
- You will be an integral member of the GNC team, performing technical tasks on the programs.
- Experience is required in one or more of the following disciplines: control system design and stability analysis, simulation and modeling.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo .
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- At least 5 years of experience in one of the following technical disciplines: GNC control system design and analysis, linear and non-linear modeling or simulation analysis, and/or aerodynamics, stability and control.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with an investigation in the last 6 years.
- Previous lead or leadership experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering, with an emphasis in aircraft GNC
- GNC design experience through initial qualification and first flights of manned or unmanned platforms
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink for design or analysis of flight control algorithms
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top