GSSC Systems Engineer 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer/Data Analyst. This position will be with our Technology Services sector located at Hill AFB.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) team supporting the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
The successful applicant will:
- Participate and lead systems engineering and technical risk management of weapon system parts and subsystems
- Aggregate and analyze failure and performance data across ICBM subsystems
- Develop innovative approaches to analyzing weapon system data using statistics and data analysis
- Prepare presentations and reports to brief Northrop Grumman and Air Force leadership on the status of weapon system assessment and risks
- Dynamically engage with AF customers to meet their needs and provide them with needed insight for sustainment of the ICBM weapon system
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Math, Statistics, Systems Engineering, Risk Management, or any related degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience (3 years with a MS degree, 0 years with a PhD)
- US Citizen able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Strong written communication skills
- Dynamic personality for customer interactions
- Active Secret clearance
- 3 years of experience with ICBM weapon system engineering and integration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top