GSSC Systems Engineer 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Mid-Level Systems Engineers. These positions will be with our Technology Services sector located at Hill AFB.
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The successful applicant will:
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
- Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
- Interface with AF customer
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- 5 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD
- US Citizen able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active Secret clearance
- 5 years experience with ICBM weapon system
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
- Problem Solving
- General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
- Project Management
- Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top