GSSC Programming Support 4
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
This position is for a software Programming Support individual for the Northrop Grumman Technology Services Ground Subsystems Support Contract (GSSC). This individual will support software development and testing activities for the Minuteman III ICBM Trainer Software Group at Vandenberg AFB, CA. The successful candidate will generate, revise, compile, debug and write simple to moderately complex scientific computer programs for the Minuteman Procedures Trainers. The individual develops flow charts and diagrams outlining process steps in operation; develops and revises program code; prepares documentation of program development, modifications and operating instructions; conducts program tests and makes modifications to code as needed; and may be required to analyze system capabilities to resolve input/output problems. Ensures all relevant software and testing standards are met.
- Associate or other 2 year technical degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- Use and/or application of systems engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Familiar with requirement and system level testing methodologies
- Ability to develop technical solutions for easy to moderately complex problems
- Responsible, self-sufficient, capable of performing tasks with general guidance
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication.
- Experience with MS Office Suite Products: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Project
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret Clearance.
- Familiarity with Minuteman Trainer Software
- Familiarity with VAX development platforms
- Understanding of hardware/software integration concepts
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment
- Demonstrated performance, leadership and customer support
- Familiarity with process/procedure development, control and improvement.
- Current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top