GSSC Electrical Engineer 2
GSSC Junior Electrical Engineer (T2)
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it’s work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Junior Electronic/Electrical Engineers. These positions will be with our Technology Services sector located at Hill AFB.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) team supporting the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
The successful applicant will:
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in research, planning, design and development of electrical systems
- Model circuits, analyze performance data, perform data processing
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify designs through simulation and laboratory to ensure they meet electrical, mechanical, electromagnetic and EMI/EMC requirements
- Support design process from requirements definition through integration and test
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Interface with AF customer
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- 2 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 0 years with Masters
- US Citizen able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with any of the following tools: OrCAD, MicroCap, Altium, ANSYS, HFSS, FEKO, CST, Satellite Tool Kit Communications Tool Kit software, MATLAB, Verilog (VHDL), LabView, assembly, C/C , EasyPower, Power World
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in any of the following areas:
- Power Systems
- Generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power, generators, motors, transformers, power supply design
- Radio Frequency Design
- Transmitters, transmission lines, RF connectors, antennas, antenna theory, receivers, tuners, amplifiers, modulators, demodulators, detectors, RF filters, RF shielding, ground plane design, PCB layout design, analog radio, digital radio, modulation/waveform design, RF link analysis, Fourier analysis
- Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3)
- EMP, EMI/EMC, Lightning, TEMPEST, grounding, hazards of electromagnetic radiation, radiation testing, thermal stress, shock/vibration, salt/fog, other environmental issues
- Embedded Systems
- Microprocessor design, microcontroller design, ASIC, structured ASIC, FPGA design, peripheral interface standard design, system level modeling, system architectures, electrical/mechanical interfaces
- Higher Authority Communications (HAC), RF communication, landline communication, communication networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top