GSE Mechanic III
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include in-depth repair as required on powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on special tooling equipment, Gem carts and forklifts. Reviews maintenance records to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Processes, tracks and completes calibration requirements. Use an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices for troubleshooting and repairs. Work from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, technical data and manuals. Candidate works with minimal supervision and may instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
Require 4 years related experience and a high school diploma. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include in-depth repair as required on powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on special purpose vehicles, forklifts and GEM carts. Reviews maintenance records to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Use an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices for troubleshooting and repairs. Work from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, technical data and manuals. May instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
- Must be able to work out of doors for extended period.
- Must be able to work in maintenance shop environment.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Be physically active for long periods.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Move arms and legs quickly.
- See objects in very bright or glaring light.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to lift weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox. Applicants must meet and maintain medical requirements for worldwide travel. Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a minimum Secret Security Clearance. Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top