Ground-Based Midcourse Missile Defense (GMD) Systems Engineering Director
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead cross company and functional teams for Ground-Based Midcourse Missile Defense (GMD) program activities to:
- Perform technical planning, systems of systems engineering, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Complete analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, requirements definition, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. She/he ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- GMD DSC Deputy Director to The Boeing GMD DSC Weapon System Engineering and Integration IPT Director. Lead the Boeing - Northrop Grumman Systems Engineering and Integration (WSE&I) team for $4B Ground-based Mid-course Defense system program
- Direct daily Boeing and Northrop Grumman GMD DSC systems engineering activities for 90 personnel to execute major system engineering activities including a major Critical Design Review
- NGTS GMD DSC Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Director - Lead and direct NG SE&I activities
- Bachelors of Science degree in STEM
- Engineering leadership and management experience
- Systems engineering management experience
- Systems engineering experience
- Large weapon system or missile system systems engineering development, integration and test experience
- Current DOD Secret clearance
- Masters of Science Degree or Masters in Business Administration
- 10 years of missile system or missile defense system engineering development, integration and test experience
- DOD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top