Ground Support Mechanic 3
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a GSE Mechanic 3 based out of Edwards CA. The successful candidate will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include in-depth repair as required on powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on special purpose vehicles, GEM carts, and forklifts. Reviews maintenance records of periodic maintenance to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Uses an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices for troubleshooting and repairs. Works from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, and manuals. May instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
- High School and 4 years additional experience or AA degree and 2 years additional experience.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas). Be physically active for long periods and use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects exceeding 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Mustmeet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must have an active Secret DoD clearance with ability to maintain that clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Experience with aerospace industry.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Back to top