Ground Support Equipment Technician Level 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Ground Support Equipment Technician to join its Team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Performs scheduled maintenance and in-depth repair as required on aircraft ground support equipment. Reviews periodic maintenance records to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of equipment requirements. Uses an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices. Works from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, and manuals. May train aircraft mechanics in technical aspects of Ground support equipment work. Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance and servicing program. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
- Minimum 6 year's experience servicing, supporting, and overhauling portable air-conditioning, heating, and ground pressurization units designed for aircraft ground operations and maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have both gasoline and diesel reciprocating engine experience.
- A working knowledge of hydraulic jacks and pumps.
- Must possess knowledge of tools and equipment to accomplish basic servicing and maintenance on Flight Test Ground Support Equipment
- High School is required
- Must posses a 2 year Technical degree or certificate in a related discipline OR Military training as a Mechanic
Powered and non-powered aircraft ground support experience preferred. HVAC experience preferred. Ability to provide own tools to perform maintenance on aircraft ground support equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top