* Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic 3
- Rosamond, CA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include in-depth repair as required on powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on special purpose vehicles, GEM carts, and forklifts. Reviews maintenance records of periodic maintenance to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Uses an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices for troubleshooting and repairs. Works from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, and manuals. May instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
• High School Diploma/GED and 4 years additional education or experience.
• Experience with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of wheel and tires including assembly, disassembly, testing, and refurbishing.
• Able to work out of doors for extended period, including the possibility of extreme weather conditions.
• Able to work in maintenance shop environment and use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend or twist their body, and kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl to perform tasks.
• Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
• Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects and make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
• Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
• Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
• See objects in very bright or glaring light, note differences between colors, shades, and brightness, and see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
• Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
• Use abdominal and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods.
• Be physically active for long periods and use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects exceeding 50 pounds.
• Make fast, repeated movements of arms, hands, wrists, fingers, legs, and feet.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
• Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
• Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
• Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
• The ability to obtain and retain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and Special Program access clearance within 730 days from submission.
• Applicants with an active Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Back to top