Ground Software Lead (TS/SCI)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
What You'll Get To Do:
The Ground Software Lead is responsible for managing and leading the overall development effort of the Ground Segment Software, which is expected to be developed by Ground sub-IPTs at three locations, an organization totaling approximately 50 software engineers. The Ground Software Lead establishes, implements, manages and executes a software development process to develop, integrate, and deliver the Ground Segment software. The software development effort is expected to employ a hybrid of waterfall and agile processes to integrate existing software products into a modern secure architecture. The software development approach leverages automated DevOps technologies for efficiency gains in development, integration, testing, and software deployments.
The Ground Software Lead will be based in Redondo Beach, CA but will travel to the sub-IPT development locations as needed.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo .
This video gives candidates a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is their first opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness Assessment and the overall process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline with 15 years of related experience; Master's Degree in STEM discipline with 13 years of related experience
- Must have experience in software development deliverables and processes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance or SCI Clearance with ability to obtain SAP access by start date
- Experience with Agile development and continuous integration and test
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
- Previous in depth domain knowledge of program software design and code
- Experience with DevOps technologies including Jenkins, Fortify, Ansible, Atlassian Suite
- Software deployment experience
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Back to top