Graphic Artist 3
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Graphic Artist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Palmdale, Ca location. The qualified applicant will be responsible for the generation of creative ideas and solutions to help communicate important content in an engaging and informative manner. Responsibilities include the conception of designs and layouts, coordination of editorial illustrations and creative artwork, transfer of data and features of subject material into graphic terms, and researching engineering data, tech manuals, and other subject matter to develop and sustain training materials and technical publications. Performs QA reviews and applicable testing to ensure products meet objectives, quality standards, and program goals. Candidate may be required to prepare reports, conducts briefings, and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations. Informs Team Lead of project status and engage their support as needed to solve complex graphics problems and or challenging customer issues.
- Typical experience is 6 years with Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Computer Science, or related discipline. In lieu of formal education, 10 years of applied experience may be considered.
- To be considered for this position, you must have significant exposure/experience with aspects of graphic design and development, and at least a moderate level of computer skills with Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and 2D/3D graphic utility software.
- A DoD Secret clearance or higher is required to start.
- Proficiency in data development, electronic technical publications, training development, or graphic illustrations preferred.
- It is desirable that the candidate be experienced with IsoDraw, CATIA V5, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Dreamweaver), and 3D media development software (e.g. Right Hemisphere, 3D Studio Max, 3DVIA Composer, or SolidWorks).
- Blueprint reading and basic engineering/drafting knowledge desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top