Grand Sky Engineer Guidance Nav Ctrl 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Guidance & Control Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Emerado, ND.
The candidate will perform various Guidance & Control (G&C) tasks for the Global Hawk Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Program.
- Non-linear 6DOF Simulation analysis (including stress testing, trade studies, mission analysis, etc)
- Linear MATLAB analysis (gain/phase margin determination, gain/filter determination, etc)
- Embedded flight control software design/code/test
- Supporting flight testing (pre-flight predictions, real-time support, post flight analysis, parameter identification, etc).
- The candidate will keep abreast of or develop new or improved G&C methods or processes in order to maintain current state-of-the-art tools for the department.
- Flight plan mission analysis for the Global Hawk Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Program using 6DOF simulation and various route checking tools.
- Work with mission planners to develop routing.
- He/she will serve as technical spokesman for mission analysis with customers, including preparation and presentation of technical briefings.
- He/she may be called upon to support proposal preparation efforts and new project activities, including responsibility for project technical aspects, cost, schedule, and reviews.
- Bachelor's inScience, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with at least 2 years of experience in engineering or a Master's Degree with no experience.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance is required
- Familiar with Flight Sciences
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or higher
- Knowledge of Matlab, C/C++, Java, Python
- Interest in UAV's.
- Knowledgeable in the area of flight sciences, control law development, and control system analysis.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top