Grand Sky- Cyber Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Corporation is looking to hire a Cyber Software Engineer to support Cyber Security measures. This opportunity will work in collaboration with our Software Engineering team to support unmanned and autonomous aviation programs.This position will be located at our new Grand Sky facility in Emerado, ND, just minutes away from downtown Grand Forks, ND.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform assessments and audit of network systems and identify where systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, and local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Science in related Field and 5 years direct related experience
- Experience exploiting vulnerabilities in computer systems, networks, and applications
- Proficiency in both Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience configuring, running, validating, and contextualizing the findings of vulnerability discovery tools such as Nessus, SAINT, NeXpose, Retina, and/or Nipper
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Industry certifications (ISC) 2, SANS, or EC- Council are preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top