Global Hawk Mission Planner - Flight Simulation Trainer 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Global Hawk Mission Planner at Beale AFB California. Conduct highly responsive remotely piloted aircraft mission planning support services as a part of a dedicated operational support team that enables the execution of dynamic intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) mission requirements across all theaters of operations. Develop, coordinate, and maintain tailored mission planning packages. Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the pilots and sensor operators and ensure that continuous support is provided through the route development and mission planning phases of each mission. Using the Air Force Mission Support System or the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) develop all training, exercise support and contingency operations in accordance with applicable ICAO and FAA standards. This position operates in a highly dynamic 24/7 mission environment, so anticipate rapidly changing work schedules and mission priorities. Maintain flexible work hours to accommodate all mission scenarios, short-notice changes and tasking's, and to provide uninterrupted operational support.
- Bachelor of Science in a mathematical or engineering field OR Bachelor of Arts or Science and 10 years' experience in military aviation operations. In lieu of formal education, 14 years of aviation experience may be considered.
- Graduate of a flight training program (previous military flight training preferred) and a former USAF/USN/USA rated aviator.
- 10 years of military aviation experience as a rated pilot, navigator, or weapons systems operator.
- 6 years of experience with mission planning, weather, aircraft operations, aircraft performance, airfield suitability, and Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) analysis.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Top Secret clearance to start.
- Bachelors of Science in Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering
- Previous experience as a High Altitude Long Endurance mission planner
- Previous experience as a UAV/RPA mission planner with MQ-1, MQ-9, RQ-7, Triton, RQ-4
- Previous experience flying or planning missions for ISR aircraft; U-2, RC-135S/U/V/W, P/EP-3, MC-12W, RC-12, JSTARS
- Familiar and/or proficient with Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS), to include Combat Flight Planning Software (CFPS) and FalconView
- Proficient in Air Force Mission Support System (AFMSS) mission planning software
- Proficient in Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) mission planning software
- Military Rated Aviator
- Proficient with Windows environments and the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Outlook
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top