Geospatial/GIS Analyst 3/4
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman team. The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s NEO Horizon program, formerly called United States Computer Emergency Readiness (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. NEO Horizon provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
The Geospatial/GIS Analyst 3/4 position will be located in Arlington, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Provides modelling and analysis support, including preparing Geospatial Visual analytic products and leveraging geographic information systems (GIS), to rapidly assess the full range of natural and manmade threats to telecommunications infrastructure.
- Utilizes modeling/simulation tools in conjunction with a subject matter expertise in commercial telecommunications networks to develop analyses and produce reports and briefings that mitigate threats and ensure availability despite threats to or disruptions of the infrastructure.
- Creates analyses of the National Security and Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) telecommunications infrastructure to support disaster response and National Continuity Policy requirements.
- Conducts studies and provides detailed recommendations and high-level future architectures for maintaining essential functions across critical infrastructures.
- Develops white papers, briefings and other supporting materials such as project timelines, facilitator guides, and logistical planning guidelines, for senior government leaders, government and industry partners and emergency responders to inform about interdependencies, vulnerabilities, and lessons learned.
- Assess the impacts of strategic threats to the essential communications infrastructures and provide detailed technical recommendations and full-scoped evaluations and testing of potential solutions to mitigate threats.
Basic Qualifications – To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for level 3 role.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for level 4 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Expert knowledge of GIS modeling/simulation tools (e.g., ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro) and other communications and infrastructure analysis tools.
- Extensive experience with modeling and analyzing a wide range of threats and effects on telecommunications and supporting infrastructure.
- Excellent research skills necessary.
- Available for extended duty, on-call and/or deployment to alternate locations within the region or continental U.S., as needed.
Preferred Qualifications – Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- DHS Suitability at the SCI Level.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top