GBSD-Principal Systems Engineer- Requirements Management
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
Successful candidates will participate in software requirements, verification, and analysis. The selected engineer will be experienced working in requirements repositories and model based system engineering.
The selected engineer will work with the product teams to develop software systems and tools, participate in technical reviews and provide customer support.
This position includes:
• Work in Model Based System Engineering using DODAF and SysML
• Create and maintain requirements in DOORS
• Define testing methodologies to assist with the validation of test cases
• Derive requirements from high level requirements
• Engineer software systems for safety concise environments
• Generate applicable documentation, software user manuals and presentations
• Interface with customers, program management and technical staff
• Resolve problems and recommend improvements
• The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a TS, an active Secret is required to start.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience; OR Masters degree in STEM from an accredited university with 3 years of engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in requirements management
- Active Secret clearance granted within the last 6 years.
- Experience in system engineering on a real time operating system
- Experience verifying software to meet safety standards
- Exposure to the Agile methodology
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Back to top