GBSD-Codes and Cryptography Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will be part of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program (Minuteman III ICBM replacement) development contract. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The Codes and Cryptography Principal Systems Engineer will perform software and hardware related system engineering activities for Codes and Cryptography functions. Candidate will perform engineering functions to include development of element and subsystem level ICDs, IDD, and IRSs. Requires software and hardware expertise to define SW-SW interfaces, HW-SW interfaces, and HW-HW interfaces. Familiarity of requirements, verification and design analysis, code level peer reviews, technical support for software design reviews, and testing is requisite.
What you will get to do:
- Perform technical analysis and design:
- Evaluate system level tradeoffs and specification impacts
- Perform trade studies on system upgrades and hardware replacements
- Perform Analog, RF, Digital, and System Hardware analysis/development as directed by Program Managers/team leaders
- Perform specification allocation to meet system level performance
- Review chassis, CCA, component identification/selection, system test data for design requirement
- Develop/review PWB and CCA designs in Mentor Graphics VX2.2
- Evaluate specification modifications vs. rework of hardware
- Design for high voltage/wattage embedded power supplies distribution and protection circuitry
- Support and conduct developmental testing (breadboard/concept verification)
- Support production testing and production builds
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Support EMI testing/mitigation and EMC compliance reporting
- Attend/Support ERB/CCBs, review and approve documents and provide hardware support as needed
- Provide HW support to SW development, create test procedure documentation and training packages, select and testing of replacement components due to DMS, support field questions and testing.
- Support production testing of deliverable HW
- Collaboratively work on multidisciplinary engineering team(s)
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 3+ years of Experience in design, development, testing of mixed signal circuits using PSPICE (or equivalent)
- Active Secret clearance granted in the last 6 years
- Experience design, development, testing of high speed digital circuits
- Familiarity with AS9100
- Working knowledge of system testing and integration
- Experience in tools such as DOORS, Cameo, Mentor Graphics, Microwave Office, Matlab, (P)Spice
- Experience EMI/EMC/TEMPTEST compliance and reporting
- Experience with Mentor VX2.2 for schematic capture, CCA design, circuit simulation, and using Python tools for design/test
- Good oral and excellent written communications skills
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, self-motivated, self-starting
- Experience in maintaining / reporting status of program activities while collaborating with employees within the department and across functions
- Development of high voltage power supplies and circuit cards containing both high and low voltages (4000V/4000W).
- Familiarity with design and test of optoelectronic systems, optical test instrumentation, and digital modulation theory
- Current TS/SCI or SA clearance with polygraph
Back to top