GBSD - Systems Engineering Advisor Engineer - Sr. Staff 6
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Advisor in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position will be located in Roy, UT.
What you will get to do:
As the GBSD Systems Engineering and Integration IPT's Senior Systems Engineering advisor, you will assist with technical tasks spanning the whole GBSD weapon system. You will be a senior technical advisor, providing insight and recommendations to the GBSD systems engineering and integration IPT's leadership. You will assist with maturing the weapon system's technical baseline and assist with integration of the weapon system.
• Providing review and support to development of GBSD systems engineering work products
• Mentoring junior staff and providing guidance on systems engineering principles and practices
• Providing guidance on sound strategic missile engineering practices and design approaches
• Decomposing customer SOW and specification requirements into engineering solutions
• Providing technical assessments to systems engineering leadership
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 20 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in strategic missiles
- Active DoD Secret Clearance investigated within the last 6 years.
- Master's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- 25+ years engineering experience
- Previous access to a SAP
- Experience with the GBSD and Minuteman weapon systems
Back to top