GBSD - Systems Engineer - Infrastructure and Deployment
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Infrastructure and Deployment team. Learn more about the GBSD program here . Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Performing customer requirements elicitation leading to Requirements Development
- Coordination & collaboration with the System Engineering Team (SET) IPT and Command & Launch Segment System Engineering Team
- Supporting system, segment, element and unit level trade studies
- Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
- Supporting a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
- Identifying required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure
- Coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Systems Engineer or a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer are 9 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 with PhD
- Active Secret Security Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- 5 years of experience with ICBM Weapon System
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
- General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
- Project Management
- Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top