GBSD - Staff Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer 5. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Develop and maintain SE metrics
- Develop and maintain SE process documentation
- Be a part of qualification test at the material, unit and system levels
- Ensure consistent processes and consistent process implementation across GBSD IPTs
- Creating process health, progress and stability metrics
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors of Science Degree OR higher in Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 14 years of experience with a BS Degree, or 12 years of experience with a Master's, or 9 years of experience with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related technical discipline
- Active Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
- Experience in Systems Engineering Processes and auditing of processes
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), tools, techniques and concepts.
- Experience in Metric development for process health and performance monitoring
- Experience in evaluation, trace, and analysis of requirements
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" model (IEEE 15288, 12207) and all phases of its lifecycle. Systems engineering experience for product development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of the English language is desired
- Familiarity with Cameo or DOORs
- Prior leadership experience with an engineering team
- Experience in team environment with leadership responsibilities including communication and driving tasking to closure to ensure customer satisfaction and program goals.
- Active Top Secret clearance is preferred
Back to top