GBSD Staff Logistics Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Logistics Engineer for the Product Support organization. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The candidate will perform logistics related analysis and maintenance planning of the GBSD platform. The candidate will influence system design to enhance supportability and utilize engineering data from various sources to determine logistics requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as an advisor to management and customers, mentor and train junior engineers.
- Frequent inter-organization and outside customer communication is required and the candidate represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with complex projects
- Includes identifying risks and opportunities and coordinates with project teams to mitigate and retire risks
- Develop SE proposals to include reviewing & updating Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW), performing technical evaluations on all supplier proposal submittals, and attending proposal related reviews
- Evaluates issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 14 years of relatable work experience
- Experience with Systems Engineering requirements analysis, trade studies, Support Equipment Requirements Documentation (SERD) generation, design solutions, acquisition, test, and validation
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite - Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- BS degree in Science Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related discipline with a minimum of 14 years of relatable work experience
- Experience in other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) disciplines
- Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD in NX
- Proficient with Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- Military service experience with Support Equipment and ICBM maintenance
Back to top