GBSD Staff Engr Sys Architect - Propulsion Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Propulsion Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The qualified applicant will lead an experienced team of mechanical engineers in the design, analysis, manufacture and test of Post boost missile propulsion systems.
• Lead a team in Developing Post Boost Propulsion System architecture
• Lead System and component level analyses of complex fluid thermal systems
• Lead Component engineering and testing
• Lead Component and propulsion system manufacturing and test
• Develop Propulsion flight operations
• Research, analysis, system design and development of missile propulsion systems and flight hardware procurement and technical oversight with suppliers and interfacing with customers.
• Applying research to the design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Supporting testing and flight operations as well as authoring procedures and other engineering instructions for test or operating engineers or customer use.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Back to top